Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

It's been 2 weeks since our last update for a couple of reasons. First of all, Kira and I fell down the stairs almost 2 weeks ago. It was a scary event, but Kira and I both checked out fine, and the baby is fine too. Considering I fell down the stairs 7 months pregnant holding my 18 month old daughter, it's remarkable how well we all came out of it. I had a nasty headache for a couple of days and my spine was bruised and ached for about a week. But everything's better now. Kira never had any injuries at all and no pain or soreness. The second reason for the delay is how busy we've been getting ready for Christmas. We've spent the last couple of weekends traveling to spend time with family for Christmas so we can stay home for Christmas ourselves. We had decorating, last minute shopping, wrapping, a lot of driving, baking, and all sorts of Christmas preparations taking up our time. We are ready for Santa to come tonight, and Kira's been a very good girl so I'm sure she will get lots of presents. I really have a lot of Christmas spirit this year getting excited about watching Kira experience Christmas in our house. She's much more aware of what's happening this year, so it's a lot of fun. Next year will be a blast with her.

She's still a huge fan of the candy from the Advent calendar. We are starting to realize how big of a problem we are going to have after Christmas when she continues to point to the top of the fridge looking for the Christmas tree calendar after it's put away. That will be a battle. She's started to battle us a lot over things she wants that we don't want her to have. Terrible two's have come early, I guess. She is very willful, but I think she's underestimating how stubborn her parents are. She gets really mad about not having Sesame Street on the TV all the time too, but I think she's starting to get used to the idea that temper tantrums do not get her what she wants. Work in progress...

A big transition is coming for us. Currently Kira goes to our girlfriend's house on my work days, as she has since she was 3 months old. Starting in January she's going to be going to a day care / preschool center. We've visited and she really loves it as long as she knows Mommy's right there with her. We are a little nervous about her freaking out once she's there alone, just at first until she gets used to the new environment. Hopefully it will go smoothly. We are thinking it will be nice for her to have that transition behind her when the new baby comes so not too many things are changing at once. She gets excited when I talk to her about going to school. She loves other children so I think it will be great for her to be around lots of other kids.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy New Year, and Happy Holidays to all our friends and family. Thanks for your love and support this year. You all mean so much to us.

No comments: