The big news this week is Kira's first week at school. We really didn't know what to expect out of this transition. We had visited several times, and she always did great, but of course Mommy was right there. I got her settled Monday morning and stayed for a few minutes. She cried when I left but stopped within about a minute. (The center has closed-circuit TV's so I can watch Kira from the lobby without her seeing me.) She had a good day, so we were patting ourselves on the back. The evening was absolutely awful. She was completely cranky and threw fits all evening. We put her to bed early under the assumption she was acting up because she was worn out and overwhelmed from her day full of very new experiences. This has then gone on all week: she's cries a bit when we drop her off but generally has very good days at school with no acting out. Then she comes home and turns into a little monster. She's been going to bed early all week and sleeping through, so clearly she's tired. I think the bad behavior is her way of expelling all her anxiety about this big new change. But it's wearing THIN for Jason and I. Hopefully in another week or so she'll adjust. Pictures of her first day are here.
I'm sad bowl season is over. It's a long wait until August and next season. I would have loved to see the Buckeyes win and the Big Ten put up a better performance than they did, but it wasn't to be this year. Then Oklahoma blew it, so we have to live with another year of gloating Florida fans. Great...
We are getting things together for the new baby's arrival. Her room is almost ready. We have more house projects to get done and a few more things to prepare, but we're just about there.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment