Lia will be 2 weeks old tomorrow and life is settling down. What a difference between becoming a parent for the first time and then doing so a second time! None of the stress I felt over every little thing when Kira was a newborn. Both Jason and I are much more relaxed about the whole thing (especially me). It is wonderful because I am able to take a lot more joy in Lia's presence in our life. She is a wonderful baby. Unlike Kira, she started off with her days and nights figured out, so I'm getting a decent amount of rest. Also, she's a big eater. Between her first and second doctor visits (one week apart), she gained 15 ounces. She managed to gain that much weight even with reflux (translation: throwing up the contents of her stomach 2-3 times a day). The doctor was amazed.
Kira loves the baby but seems to be pretty unhappy about most other things right now. She comes home from school overtired, so we have continued to put her to bed by 7 pm. She sleeps 12 hours at night plus a nap at school and still seems tired. The weekends are great and she is much happier. I think all the social interaction and activities at school really wear her out. (She has a great time at school all day; it's only weekday evenings that are rough for her.) I'm hoping that when she starts staying home with Lia and I part time in a few weeks that things will get better. She is the sweetest, cutest little kid I've ever seen when she's happy, and I desperately hope we will see more of that sweet kid soon.
About once per day I get overwhelmed with this feeling of luck and gratitude that I am the mom of the most beautiful wonderful girls in the world. (Apologies to the other moms of girls out there...) I have a great husband who is an amazing father to our girls and we are all healthy. I am just so happy.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment