I realized this morning it's been about 3 weeks since my last post, so here's an update on what's been going on. We've been busy around the house with outdoor spring cleanup. Lia and I got the flu (not the swine variety), which was no fun at all. We both got better in about 2-3 days.
My dad retired and moved to Columbus, so he's been coming over quite a bit to spend time with us. It's going to be great to have family close by. Kira's version of the sign for grandpa looks like some sort of salute. She shouts "Pampa!" and gives the grandpa salute whenever she sees him. It's adorable and also really funny. Lia gives her own grandpa salute in the form of impressive diaper actions. It's her most expressive medium.
This past weekend I flew out to Seattle to visit good friends Christy and Jason. The girls stayed home with Daddy. I missed them a LOT. Jason's mom and sister came to visit to help out and spend time with the girls. I had a great time in Seattle. Christy and Jason live aboard their sailboat, which they are about to sail to Vancouver and Mexico and who knows where else for an indetermined period of time (but likely two years or more). I don't know much about sailboats, but I helped with their long list of projects by running errands and following pretty specific instructions. I helped install solar panels, shock-treated the aft water tank, and installed a BBQ grill, among other smaller tasks. I got pretty familiar with Seattle driving around to various marine supply and hardware places. We had a wonderful time visiting, and I'm going to miss them a lot. I'm planning on meeting up with them for a Catalina Island trip in October if all goes well. I have no pics from the weekend as I left the camera home with Jason for pictures with his mom and sister and our girls.
I flew the red-eye home Sunday night and went straight into the office Monday morning for my first day back to work after my maternity leave. It's a bit easier going back this time than it was after Kira was born. I am still home with my girls 2 days a week, so we'll be doing lots of fun things this summer. We went to the park and out to lunch yesterday, and we have a zoo trip planned with Grandpa for Friday.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment