Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Few More Things...

I forgot about something when I made my last post: the library trip. A few weeks ago, my friend Meredith and I tried to take the girls to COSI (Center of Science and Industry) which has some very cool little kid things to do. They were closed, so we improvised and went to the main Columbus Library downtown. Very fun day. We played around a lot in the little kids' area, including the dress-up corner, kitchen area, puppet theater, computers, and train table. Pictures are here. It was super fun. The last picture is a Kunta Kinte hat Kira would NOT take off, so we let her wear it into the story hour. She really enjoyed rocking the African print. We managed to pry it off her head before leaving, finally. :) Lia was an angel, as usual.

Kira has been talking a ton. She loves pointing out all sorts of things she can see from her seat in the car. On our way to school we see lots of school buses, at which she calls out "Lello Bus!" She also learned to say "Rock On" while pumping her fist in the air, and it's ridiculous-slash-hilarious. She has used the potty a few times, and we have a couple of classic pictures of the process. These are not posted. We're saving those for about 16 years from now...

Kira is sleeping in a big girl bed now. The pictures say it all.

Photos from recent zoo trips are here (Jason's trip with his mom, sister, and the girls as well as my trip with my dad and the girls). I'm going back to the zoo tomorrow with the girls again along with my mom and grandma, so I'll add to this album shortly.

Lia is doing well. Eating and growing great. She's apparently on some sort of sleep strike, so I am EXHAUSTED. I would be happy to give into her demands if I only knew what they were. She needs to get some pointers on how strikes work...

Other random pictures are here. These girls are just adorable!

No comments: