...Or marshmallows. However you want to say it. Kira's version is farshfellows. She loves going outside in the cold mostly so she can come back in and have hot cocoa with farshfellows. She says it so seriously, and gets a bit miffed if you express any amusement at her pronunciation.
Kira's into games now: Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, and the like. Jason asks her if she wants to play a game, and then tells her the game is giving him a kiss or some other normal everyday event. She says, "That NOT a good game, Daddy!" She puts up with none of his BS.
She has socks that look like shoes: some ballet slippers, some sneakers, etc. She loves them. The other day she looked at her feet, wiggling her toes furiously, and said, "look Mommy, it's Halloweens for my feet." The kid is a riot.
Lia is growing fast and saying Mama, Dada, Papa. We swear we heard her say Lia the other day. (While her sister is unequivocally her favorate person, "Kira" is a pretty tough name to say. Even Kira said "Lia" before she said "Kira." Kira used to call herself "KiKi" before she could pronounce her own name.) Lia saw a picture of herself the other day, and pointed at herself in the photo and then pointed at her chest with a huge grin. It was a big day.
The girls are sharing a room now since my Spanish cousin is staying with us for awhile. They like it a lot, as do I, except when one wakes up very early and thereby wakes the other. I notice Lia is much more content being in her bed now that Kira's in the same room. Kira says she holds Lia's hand in the night.
Reference to aforementioned Spanish cousin: her name is Carmen and she is a cousin to my Spanish sisters Carmen and Maria. (I swear they only have about 3 names in the whole country they just keep passing around... cousin Carmen's mother's name is Carmen, while Carmen and Maria's mother's name is Maria.) I have known her 12 years, since the time I lived in Spain. She's out of work right now with the economy the way it is in Spain, and she wants to improve her English. Jason and I really want the girls to learn Spanish, so we thought it was a great solution. She'll probably be with us for several months. Kira's already saying hola, adios, gracias, por favor, and si. It's a good start, since Carmen's only been here 6 days. (Kira already knew poco, mucho, and leche from my rather sad attempts to teach her Spanish. She really resists it with me but seems to embrace it with Carmen.) I am looking forward to it all.
I have pictures from Spain and plenty of other stuff but they are on the other laptop, so they will have to wait. Coming soon...
Friday, March 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment