Sunday, February 21, 2010

Spain and Stuff...

Jason and I had a great trip to Spain. It was wonderful seeing the family. The baptism and particularly the party that followed it were a ton of fun. A cousin is coming to the US to stay with us for awhile to improve her English. I am excited about the girls being exposed to more Spanish. Even though I'm reasonably fluent, it is very difficult to have the discipline to speak Spanish to them regularly. So it will be very cool to have help in that department. Her name is Carmen and we're so excited to have her with us for the next few months.

Yesterday Kira belched really loud, which to my knowledge and judging from the very startled look on her face, she'd never done before. (Mostly she does petite little girl burps, if anything.) She said, "Mommy, I tooted out of my mouth!"

Lia is walking everywhere. She has it mastered. She started just before her birthday. Speaking of her birthday, we had a lot of fun. She made the requisite chocolate mess allover her face. I'll post pictures soon.

Kira's potty trained, and loves her panties. She is kinda obsessed with panties in general. She wants to know about other people's panties, which has led to some embarrassing discussions. ("Grandpa, what kind of panties do you wear?")

Both girls are doing marvelously. We have so much fun with them all the time.

No comments: