In a house with two little girls, we have three laundry piles: lights, darks, and pinks. This is not a joke.
As she watched the Vikings in a huddle in the recent NFC playoff game, Kira observed, "Look Mommy. Those guys doing ring around the rosy." Astute.
Lia is the sole survivor in a class of about a dozen kids at daycare. She's the only one who hasn't come down with this ridiculous feverish fluish thing. Some kids have been out with it twice. The teachers marvel at it. She's the only breastfed baby in there, so I credit that. Kira has it too (missed 1.5 days this week) so I frankly think it's a matter of time until Lia gets it. Jason and I were up almost all night with Kira last night, and we concluded tonight that she probably also has an ear infection. Likely, we won't get much sleep tonight either. Awesome. Good thing I trained for this by pulling all-nighters in college.
We were at my grandma's house a few weekends ago. My grandma, who is a yoga instructor, taught Kira two poses: tree and turtle. She continues to do them all the time, especially turtle. It's super cute.
Lia's first birthday is two weeks from tomorrow. That went FAST. Jason and I are leaving for Spain a week from now to be the godparents of my niece, and we get back three days before her birthday. It's hard to believe a whole year has gone by already. What a big girl she is, toddling all over. (She hasn't mastered walking yet - falls after about 3-5 steps.)
Girls are doing great. We are weathering the storm of two so young. It's mostly fun with brief and intense periods of insanity. It's getting easier the older Lia gets. I feel like we'll have it made in the shade in a year. You know, I'm pretty sure the grass is greener...
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment